Sista Love: Soup

Meet Soup:



Her real name is Megan - but she was dubbed Soup by the nickname guru (what do you mean it's tacky to dub yourself a type of guru?) for a very good reason. She's "soup" in my T-Mobile address book, she's "Soup" when I write thank you notes...she's Soup here. Maybe also Soupy.

Alright, I'll tell you why. Soup is the ultimate comfort food, right? Megan is warm and comforting, like soup. I'm thinkin' homemade chicken noodle, not "cream of asparagus" which, by the way, tastes nothing like asparagus OR cream, and instead tastes like essence-of-gym-locker.

Megan and I are on the "husband and wife" plan at Golds Gym. That's how tight we are.

Soup Facts: She once wished the cupboard a Merry Christmas. She was sleep walking at the time, but I still think it was rather nice. Especially since it was June. Soup has had the best track record of all of us Card Sisters for keeping pets. Her gerbils, hamsters, bunnies, etc. display amazing bouts of loyalty and affection for Megan - and they refuse to die and give up their lifestyle as a deeply-loved and well-provided-for pet. For example. Megan and I got bunnies the same day. She named hers rainbow (even though it was chocolate brown - Megan wouldn't give a ho-hum name to one of her pets, oh no. No "chocolate" or "brownie" for her new best friend. She had aspirations. It could only be called RAINBOW), and I named mine something smart, like "Emily Dickinson" or some other nonsense. Hers would come when she called it and would make a little nest for itself in her shirt while she sat and watched TV. Mine's eyes turned red, chewed it's nails to razor sharpness, developed a demonic hiss which it would display LOUDLY any time anyone (especially me) got near, and would throw my carrot offerings back in my face. I think Rainbow even got to sleep with a blanket.

Soup is in college, now, and is basically a heart-breaker. She's drop dead gorgeous, clever, funny, AND talented - and she has no idea.

And she's also one of my best friends.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: SOUP!

Hi, Megan, thanks for being with us today.

You're the youngest of four sisters. What is it like to be the last one living at home? It's a quiet and a bit lonely at times, haha but it has its perks....like getting to go to New York. Haha.

Do you have any irrational fears? I'm not really sure what would qualify as irrational but...i'm scared of the creepy clowns and chain saw guys in haunted houses, i'm scared of spiders, haha and i get a bit fearful when i run out of chap stick (i'm addicted, its true)

What's it like to be the only brunette in the family? (well, except for dad - but his is so dark we might as well call it black) Besides the times that Ali tells me my hair is the color of poo i like it! Haha its makes me unique. Haha besides i've tried other colors and they just didn't work on me. : D

Where have you always wanted to live?Mmmm if money wasn't a issue i would love to live in Hawaii, but other then that i really love living in utah

You work at Cabellas - do you have any stories about gun-slingin' coon cap wearin' customers?Haha well we also see plenty of the steryotipical 'red neck' types- extreamly tall man, as thin as a twig (looks like he would fall over if there was a slight breeze), hair going every direction, always using his tongue to dig for treasure in his teeth. And then his wife who is extreamly short and stout (every part of her body giggles and she looks like she is bouncing when she walks), her greasy hair is slicked back nice and tight isn't to messy pony tail. haha they are always fun to see. Haha when you got the customers who don't check their guns at he door when they come in and come over to customer service and whip it out at ya and say "err, uh, what do i do with this...." Haha and of course the shopping lifting stories are always classic. And the times when us employees find things to keep us busy, i mean we are supposed to be educated on all our products so what better way then to try them out...even if its a dog kennel....ah its never a dull moment.


Who is your favorite sister? (Just kidding, don't answer that) Haha

Where is your happy place?My room or the canyon

When you have a juicy morsel of gossip, who's the first to get the call? (or in your case, the text)Haha um....i actually don't know.

What's the absolute worst food on the planet that you absolutely REFUSE to ever eat?Fishies. Eww! How can you eat something that usually smells like gym socks. : S

When you done good and you want to treat yourself, what comes to mind?SNOW CONE!!! or if they aren't around a good old JCW's hot fudge banana shake. Haha I used to go to the gym and then say wow i got a good work out and deserve a reward, then go across the street to JCW's and get a shake. Haha i so learned that that completely defieted the purpose of working out haha but it was sure good! : D

Cake or pie? (and what kind?)Um not a huge fan of either actually. But probably strawberry short cake (if they really even counts as cake)

You're still single - though many a fella would have that changed. So for all those good lookin' returned missionaries out there, what are you looking for in a man? I actually just had a friend ask me that and I gave him a nice detailed list.

  • Someone who has a sense of humor. People take life too seriously. I want someone who can joke around and isn't afraid to be silly sometimes. Someone who can make me smile when I'm sad or discouraged. Someone who is more of an optimist then a pesimist.

  • someone who honors his priesthood. I want to be married in the temple and have my family sealed to me forever, so I want somone who will be able to take me there and make those covenants with me and with God. I want someone who goes to church, has a testimony, and tries his best to be Christlike. Someone who I know at any time would be willing and able to give a blessing without having to question his worthiness . Someone who loves the gospel and loves God.

  • Someone who makes me strive to do and be better. I don't want somone who puts me down or points out my flaws but rather someone who lifts me up and helps me reach my full potential.

  • Someone who loves life, is spontanious, and willing to try new things. I want to experience life, not just live it. I want someone who is open minded and is willing to consider trying anything at least once (within reason). Someone who isn't afraid of adventure!!!

  • Someone who is smart and confident. I mean he doesn't have to be Albert Einstine, but it would be nice to be able to carry on an intelligent converastation. I want someone whom I can REALLY talk to, and I know is REALLY listening to me. I want someone who is real and doesn't have to pretend to be someone else. Someone who has depth. Someone who is confident in who they are (I mean sure we all have our ups and downs in this area but i hope you get what i'm saying).

  • Someone who acts like a gentleman. Always kind to women and children (A lot of girls look at the way a guy treats his Mom, sisters, neices, etc and figure that is how he will behave as a husband/father to his wife/kids). Someone who still believes in chivalry and romance. Hahaha, I'll admit it, I'm a helpless romantic - so it would be nice to have a guy who will romance me sometimes.

  • Someone who just gets me. A lot of people say I'm a confusing person or someone that is hard to really get to know because I don't let people in very easily sometimes; but thats just because I have been hurt before (and I don't mean in just dating relationships) and now I have become more cautious before I give someone my heart and am willing to totally trust them. I want someone I know I can trust no matter what and will, in turn, know that he can trust me. Someone who just gets the way I think, feel, and work without me having to explain every little thing. I know that is something that develops with time...so I guess I want to see the potential of being able to do that.

And I know that is quite the hopeful wishing, but yeah! I don't think that's wishful thinking at all. You're not asking for someone who looks like Brad Pitt and earns at least 100K/year, you're asking for someone who is able to treat you like a daughter of God. Don't put up with anything less.

In your opinion, what will said lucky fellow be so lucky to have in you?Humina-what!! Haha I don't understand.

(See above: drop dead gorgeous, clever, funny, AND talented - and she has no idea.)

What is your favorite nickname?I don't know if i have a favorite, but here are my top four: Soup, Doc, Meg, Bug.

If you could describe yourself in one word, it would be:

Random!

0 comments: