Dear October,

...it's about time!

Picture taken October of last year

This October has already entered with style.

Stormy, windy night. Stepper wakes up at 5:00 in the morning to the sound of sheets of rain whipping her window and a dumpster she imagines must surely be airborne by now - those winds were SERIOUS.

Enter a flash of daylight.

Enter the chest-rumbling thunder.

Enter the beating of Stepper's little heart as she realizes that it's finally here.

OCTOBER.

The very best month in the entire world. Er...year.

And just like a scoop of Häagen-Dazs vanilla bean on her piece of grandma's made-from-scratch Texas Sheetcake - it also happens to be a THURSDAY.

Clearly, October this year means business.

I now have only 30 days to make the crucially important decision: WHAT WILL WYATT BE FOR HALLOWEEN?

Bill is thinking Roy Orbison. I have to concede - when Wy puts on his sunglasses, there is a slight resemblance.

I love the Cherub idea - sparked by Tamsin and her comment on this post. Picture this:


But in a cloth diaper with wings.

What is your vote?

3 comments:

Tamsin said...

I think my suggestion sounds very cold, albeit wildly adorable, for the end of October. May I suggest a cherubic photo shoot?

Roy Orbison at least tends to wear clothes, which might come in handy for the trick or treating.

Tammy said...

I agree! I agree that he is adorable and that he would freeze - even if you don't take him trick-or-treating!

I believe most people won't recognize Roy, but will think he is Elvis.

Stepper the Mighty said...

I think they'll think he's Johnny Cash - all in black.