IN THE MORNING
- Your bony 8 year old launching himself (complete with sound effects) onto your bed and, consequently, your ankles.
- ANYONE uttering the phrase: "Mom, can I play on your iPad?"
- The sounds of the garbage truck...when I forgot to take out the garbage.
- The sounds of something crash-breaking in the kitchen.
- The sounds of kids arguing/fighting.
- a fly/bee/mosquito buzzing near your head.
- The realization that you are very late for the important thing you were going to wake up early for needling its way into your subconscious and slamming a book down in your brain.
- ANYTHING when you were just getting to the good part of the dream.
- Your neighbor's pool party that carried into the wee hours, and the screams of delight are turned by your twisted sleeping brain into the horrified screams of your children.
- The phone ringing
- The apocalypse.